Sunday 16 October 2011

Day 16 Launderette Wars

Today was supposed to be a quiet day. No ports, no significant entertainment, just time to visit the launderette, and prepare for tonight’s formal dinner. I will gloss over the formal dinner. If you are an experienced cruiser, you will know all about it. If you don’t cruise, then it will probably be of no interest.

The launderette was far more exciting. Each deck houses one small laundry room for use by guests at a small fee. To summarise, there are 2 washers and 2 driers, and on sea days they are in high demand. Having waited my turn, I got my washing in okay, but intercepted a MAJOR row between two other guests. Apparently the ‘gentleman’ guest had removed the ‘lady’ guest’s washing without folding it, and she was furious, swearing, abusive, quite manic, as I hid behind my book listening. I think they both need a holiday!     

Apart from that, there’s not a lot to tell really. Chris and I toured the ship and took photos of Sir Francis which I will upload to his website on our return. We are also trying to find a word to describe passengers who spend their time complaining about everything and anything. I find this surprising, since it doesn’t seem to stop them booking more cruises. One man in the lift told me he was writing a list of things wrong with the ship to give to the Captain when he next saw him. This included  complaints about the sea conditions and the weather. I bet the Captain can’t wait!! My favourite phrase  so far is ‘cruise grumblees’, all other suggestions welcome.

Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment