Monday 29 November 2010

50 Bloggin' Days: Day 3



The formal evening was really spectacular. Everyone looked so fantastic in their finery. It’s amazing how well we all scrub up!! The dinner menu of up to seven courses was delicious, and beautifully cooked. My Beef Wellington was a perfect ‘medium rare’ and extremely tender. Chris enjoyed a plate of very pleasant pheasant. Company at dinner was entertaining and animated, and many of us met up in Andersons between sittings. No doubt others will also tell how they spent their final evening on Aurora. Chris and I watched a very funny comedian and impressionist, then joined a syndicate team quiz in Vanderbilts, where our team came a very respectable second.
So before I leave this blog, here are a few thoughts about the ship.
This was my third cruise on Aurora, the first being the maiden cruise break in her very first year, and more recently a family 10 day Christmas cruise to the Canaries. That last cruise was our final family holiday with my late Mum, and I was left with some very special memories. I do confess a moment’s emotion about Mum as we boarded on Saturday, but this in no way altered my opinion of the ship. Aurora is a friendly, well designed and elegant cruise ship. I would happily cruise on her again. The changed arrangements for disembarkation were a real bonus and meant we could pack at our leisure and leave the ship at any time of our choosing up to 10.00 am.
Thank you so much to everyone for making this event such fun. I feel I have made a whole new circle of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment